Jennie Garth, mom of three and star of ‘Beverly Hills, 90210’ and ‘The Jennie Garth Project’ has joined the Science of Beautiful Eyes (http://theeyesolution.com) initiative sponsored by Alcon to help drive awareness around the importance of taking care of your eyes and making it an important part of your daily routine.
“As an actress, being in front of the camera adds a lot of pressure to keeping your look healthy and fresh,” Garth says. “Picking out the right eye makeup to highlight my eyes isn’t the only thing I think about in the morning. I also make sure that my eyes feel good and look healthy. From personal experience, I’ve come up with a few tips that may help others.”
To keep your eyes looking their best, Garth offers these tips:
1. “Waterproof mascara is great when you need a long lasting product, but when it comes time to washing your face – it could be the biggest battle of the day,” Garth says. “The eyeSOLUTION(TM) Program has great options to consider when cleansing your face, including SYSTANE(R) Lid Wipes. These gentle wipes quickly remove debris and eye makeup that may cause eye irritation.”
2. “You want to see your face when you put your makeup on so be sure to remember that your contact lenses go in before you apply anything to your face,” Garth notes. “And remember to always start with freshly washed and dry hands. This will help prevent bacteria from getting into the eye during the application process.”
3. “During allergy season, my eyes tend to get scratchy which makes me want to constantly rub them,” says Garth. “I use eye drops like Alcon’s ZADITOR(R) Eye Drops to relieve my itchy eyes before applying makeup. It is an easy way to help keep my mascara from running and my eyeliner from smearing!”
4. “Over the years, I’ve picked up tips from makeup artists I’ve worked with, and if I can share one thing it’s to check the expiration dates on your makeup to help prevent irritation and infection,” says Garth. “For instance, mascara and eyeliner should be used for no longer than three-to-six months and then discarded.”
5. “Living in Southern California, it can reach scorching temperatures during the day which can cause my eyes to become dry and irritated. SYSTANE(R) Lubricant Eye Drops provide lasting relief throughout the day,” says Garth.